Monday, October 27, 2008

Grass-Fed Beef Review and Sweepstakes


This weekend I had the chance to taste test La Cense Beef’s Petit Sirloin and Hamburger Patty.

I pan fried a Petit Sirloin (pictured) to medium-rare perfection. Being that this was my first foray in cooking and eating grass-fed beef, I decided to forgo any marinade as I wanted to get a true feel for the texture and flavor of the beef. A pinch of salt and a bit of pepper was all I added to the steak which I then cooked on my stove top in a grill pan (no oil added).

The meat was cooked over a medium-low flame and per La Cense’s instruction, removed from the heat when it reached 120 degrees. The steak was then left to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.

While not the tenderest piece of meat I’ve ever had, it certainly was flavorful! The taste is almost earthy and I’m guessing this is much closer to how beef is supposed to taste.

Again, this was my first time tasting grass-fed beef and the taste is definitely different than that of grain-fed beef. It took me several bites to get acquired with the taste but I can honestly say that by the end of the meal, I was very pleased with the taste of the Sirloin.

As for the Hamburger Patty, I decided to use it as stuffing for a burrito. I mixed my homemade taco seasoning in with the ground beef, added a drop of water, and sautéed the beef (no oil added) on the stove top. I also added a bit of sautéed onion and fresh spinach to round out the burrito filling. It was absolutely delicious!

Are you interested in giving La Cense Beef a try?

Here is how you can be eligible to win 1 Petit Sirloin and 2 Hamburger Patties from La Cense Beef and Catapult Fitness Blog:

1) Register on Vote La Cense . Remember to write down your “Member Name” that you use when registering on Vote La Cense.

2) Come back to this posting on Catapult Fitness Blog and leave a comment as to why you would like to be selected to win the La Cense Beef gift package.

All comments must be left by 11:59 pm, Eastern Time on November 16, 2008 and must include your Vote La Cense Member Name and an email address so that you can be notified if you win. A winner* will be selected at random and announced on Catapult Fitness Blog on November 17, 2008.

* Winners must be located in the USA and be age 18 and over.

Train hard; stay strong and good luck!

Peace.

Susan

Bookmark and Share

comments

11 Responses to "Grass-Fed Beef Review and Sweepstakes"
  1. Kim said...
    October 28, 2008 at 9:25 AM

    I would love to try a new source for grass fed beef! Since I am unemployed NOW is a really great time to try! I try to live as organically as possible and a new source for beef would aid in that! I liked your review and now will need to make steak for dinner tonight! Thanks!
    ps: User name: MountainQueen :-)

  2. Britmum said...
    October 30, 2008 at 11:33 PM

    I never thought to look for healthy organic type meats online for delivery. What a great idea! Can't wait to try some!
    BritMum
    BritMum2070@gmail.com

  3. katsby said...
    October 31, 2008 at 3:50 PM

    I would like to try this grass fed beef and compare it to the piece that I bought at a local store. It would be great to have somewhere to order it online and have it delivered. I enjoyed reading your review.

    User name: katsby

  4. Anonymous said...
    November 3, 2008 at 2:18 PM

    I would like to try it with my children. Since children today are shown to have 4 times as many toxins in their systems as their parents do, I believe anything I can do to limit that intake and preserve the beautiful health with which they arrived here is worth any cost or extra effort on my part. Since this would be a free sample I can painlessly compare it to the other free range beef products we have tried.

  5. Susan said...
    November 3, 2008 at 2:25 PM

    Anonymous, thank you for registering and good luck in the sweepstakes!

    In order to be eligible to win however, you cannot remain "anonymous".

    Please re-post your reason for entering the sweepstakes and include the user name you used when registering on the La Cense Beef site. I also need you to provide an email address so I know how to reach you if you win!

    Without your La Cense member name (which La Cense will confirm prior to the time of the drawing) and contact info, you are not eligible for the prize.

  6. Patsy said...
    November 3, 2008 at 2:39 PM

    Like britmum, I never really thought of beef as being "organic". I have been trying to get my parents to eat healthier and one of the roadblocks I run into is that they don't really care for chicken, but they do like beef. So this is an opportunity to get them to try a healthier version of beef, and potentially eat healthier!

    Username: pwuebold

  7. Anonymous said...
    November 3, 2008 at 3:26 PM

    I believe that being healthy starts with organic dairy and meats so this would be a great way to try this grass fed beef!

    Username: KLNYC

  8. MountainDiva said...
    November 3, 2008 at 5:50 PM

    I would like to try it with my children. Since children today are shown to have 4 times as many toxins in their systems as their parents do, I believe anything I can do to limit that intake and preserve the beautiful health with which they arrived here is worth any cost or extra effort on my part. Since this would be a free sample I can painlessly compare it to the other free range beef products we have tried.

  9. Anonymous said...
    November 4, 2008 at 11:13 AM

    Yeah Beef!
    bullies23
    jrjacobs@gmail.com

  10. Anonymous said...
    November 4, 2008 at 6:26 PM

    Username: PHaney

    Looks like a healthy, convenient alternative to meat I buy from my butcher.

  11. Anonymous said...
    November 5, 2008 at 11:06 AM

    Always choose grass-fed beef over grain-fed because of the flavor, look, smell, and texture!

    Username: Oksana

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates