Friday, December 26, 2008

Catapult Fitness Blog's NO BULL Seal Of Approval


Catapult Fitness Blog readers have spoken and one of your requests for 2009 were for fitness related product reviews.

Product reviews is something I’ve tippy-toed around as I often cringe when visiting certain sites only to find a review for a product that I know Marketers are paying for. Yep, believe it or not, there are plenty of Marketers who offer bloggers cash for a positive review of their product/service.

Phooey to those Marketers and a stern “shame on you!” to those bloggers (you know who you are).

Yes, it would be nice to earn some extra cash, but not at the cost of my credibility.

My promise to the readers of Catapult Fitness Blog is that I will never positively promote a product that I personally don’t use (or have used) and believe is a quality offering. This goes for books as well as products such as Precision Nutrition and Turbulence Training.

While I will accept select products for review from manufacturer’s, this will only be done if I truly feel the product has potential interest to my audience and manufacturer’s must allow me to publish an un-edited opinion. These opinions will not always be positive.

Products that I recommend will receive the Catapult Fitness Blog NO BULL Seal of Approval. Rest assured that this Seal can never be bought by the Marketer!

Current recipients of the NO BULL Seal of Approval include:

  • Turbulence Training*
  • Precision Nutrition*
  • Iron Gym
* Because I feel strongly about the value these products offer, Catapult Fitness Blog is an affiliate for these companies. This means that should you choose to purchase these products via a link on Catapult Fitness Blog, a small stipend is paid by the manufacturer/publisher. Today, all money generated as a result of these affiliate marketing efforts is re-invested back into Catapult Fitness Blog.

If you hear of a product that you’re interested in having reviewed, let me know! Requests can be sent to AskTheTrainer@CatapultFitnessBlog.com

Train hard; stay strong.

Peace.

Susan

Bookmark and Share

comments

2 Responses to "Catapult Fitness Blog's NO BULL Seal Of Approval"
  1. Lizanneh said...
    December 29, 2008 at 1:27 PM

    Susan, way to go for this initiative! I think it's great to tell people what you think and make sure they know you are telling the truth. I have friends who review products for blogs, and they follow the same policy - they will not publish a falsely positive review just for free products.

    I also commend you for prominently disclosing your affiliations with TT and Precision Nutrition.

    I still value your recommendation for Turbulence Training. It has made such a difference for me! I look forward to more product reviews from you in the future.

  2. Susan said...
    December 29, 2008 at 1:48 PM

    Thanks so much Liz ... your comments in regards to this topic mean a great deal to me as I realize you took a leap of faith when it came to Turbulence Training.

    I am beyond thrilled that you have had success with the TT program, although no at all surprised. The program is incredible.

    I have WASTED my money on so many products over the years that I am extremely sensitive to not leading my readers astray. With that said, I realize that not everything is right for everybody. The best I can do is let everyone know what has worked for me and/or what I believe may have value to my readers.

    Last month a manufacturer agreed to have me review their product under my terms. It's a unique offering in the marketplace and conceptually, I think it can have real value to many readers (primarily, women). It's not something that I personally would use as I'm extremely numbers oriented, but I'm trying to keep my general audience in mind.

    I'm putting the product through a test run now ... stay tuned!

    Thanks again for your continued readership and a very happy and healthy New Year to you and your family!

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates