Friday, October 5, 2012

Primal Menu 2


Primal Wings with Guacamole Dip
My 30-day Primal adventure should be coming to an end next week, and I originally scheduled a follow-up blood workup for 10/8/2012. I've since rescheduled my next blood test for 10/30/2012.

Why?

- Due to issues I was dealing with my first 2-weeks on the program, I don't feel as if my body was responding the way I hoped and,

- I initially approached this as a 30-day test as I didn't know if I'd be able to sustain a diet void of whole grains and legumes.

Fact is, once I made it to the 3rd week, it's been quite easy to maintain this diet.  Because I'm following a Primal (versus Paleo) diet, I do have some leeway and the Nutritionist I hired to help me with this plan actually allowed for me to have a potato and/or sprouted brown rice 2x/week.  I haven't even found that necessary and have managed to get enough carb intake through vegetables and fruit.

As such, I've decided to push my blood work out as I'm very curious to see the changes that are going to occur over the next month.

Today's menu includes:

Breakfast: Homemade chorizo stuffed in a red pepper with a fried egg on top.

Lunch: Buffalo chicken wings with Guacamole dip, along with a salad of romaine lettuce, raw spinach, carrots, cucumber, roasted red pepper with EVOO and a splash of lemon.

Snack: Apple with Almond butter

Dinner: Cajun shrimp with sauteed peppers, onions and Brussels sprouts followed by a dessert of fresh berries.

Bon appetit!

Susan

Bookmark and Share

comments

7 Responses to "Primal Menu 2"
  1. Anonymous said...
    October 9, 2012 at 8:42 AM

    Have you been losing more weight on this diet? You mentioned that you lost 3 lbs the first 10 days. What is your weight now?

  2. Susan said...
    October 10, 2012 at 10:08 PM

    Ooops, sorry for the delay in replying to your question Anonymous.

    My weight has fluctuated since starting the Primal diet. I did lose 3 lbs over the first week and a half, but for the past few days my weight has been 130.5 lbs (my starting weight was 132 lbs).

    While I'm not keeping a food journal, I know that I'm consuming more calories/day than I did before I started the diet. This leads me to believe that if I hunkered down and started tracking all my meals, I can probably lose weight at a quicker pace.

    With that said, weight loss is not my primary goal, so I'm going to keep things status quo until I have my blood re-tested.

  3. Donna from Fitness Tips for Women said...
    October 14, 2012 at 11:57 PM

    How should I change my diet with this one?It's good that it works for you.I hope it will be the same to me.

  4. Susan said...
    October 18, 2012 at 10:38 PM

    Donna, if you're interested in learning how to switch to a Primal diet, I suggest you check out http://www.marksdailyapple.com/

    Mark Sisson is the founder of the Primal Blueprint diet.

    Susan

  5. Fitness Programs said...
    November 21, 2012 at 1:54 AM

    These days i am trying to gain weight, please share some weight gaining plans with us too :) and yes this plans looks so delicious and healthy.

  6. buyenergydrink said...
    December 5, 2012 at 2:58 AM

    Brilliant diet.

  7. Dan said...
    February 25, 2014 at 1:35 AM

    I would love to have that wing and dip recipe. Looks yum!

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates