Monday, October 1, 2012

Steve's Original Paleo Stix


It's been about 2 years since I've been so inspired by a food product I felt that I just HAD to blog about it.

That dry spell was broken by one of my favorite new snack treats, Steve's Original Paleo Stix.

I've just ordered my 3rd case in as many months.

Can anyone say "addiction"?

Fact is, Steve's Original has lots of healthy treats that are worth exploring.  Unfortunately, the sodium content runs a little high for me being that I need to keep my sodium intake at 1,000 mg/day.

The exception are the Paleo Stix.

Hard to believe but Steve manages to pack a ton of flavor in to each stick with only 71 mg/sodium.  With zero carbs and 7 grams of protein in each stick, these are the perfect snack while following my Primal diet.

Vacuum packed and no refrigeration necessary makes these the perfect food to take on flights.   When traveling, I take a few extra packages to keep in the hotel room or in my bag.  If I miss a meal, I know that a healthy option is close at hand.

Oh, and you can also feel good from a charitable perspective when purchasing from Steve's Original.  Proceeds from each purchase support Steve's Club, a non-profit organization through which at-risk or underserved youth of any socioeconomic background can join in the CrossFit Community at a reduced, low or no cost structure.

How awesome is that?

Susan

Bookmark and Share

comments

4 Responses to "Steve's Original Paleo Stix"
  1. Caron said...
    October 3, 2012 at 9:48 AM

    Veggie options? Maybe not so primal??

  2. Susan said...
    October 3, 2012 at 9:59 AM

    They have dried fruit options that would fit that bill.

  3. Caron said...
    October 3, 2012 at 4:15 PM

    Will check them out!!

  4. Susan said...
    October 4, 2012 at 9:08 AM

    I love your idea of traveling with these snacks.

    Angela

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates